Get a FREE share valued at 70-110 USD as your Halloween treat. Open an account now.
Halloween Treat Giveaway October 2020 Terms and Conditions
- By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion and any such variation.
- You are eligible for one share of free share (“Free Share”) valued 70-110 USD as of 13 Oct 2020:
– after your account has been approved and successfully opened with your e-signature; and
– have an average of at least HK$10,000 worth of assets in your SoFi Securities (Hong Kong) Limited (“SoFi HK”) account for at least 30 days from the date of your account open date.
- You are eligible to select one of the below stocks as your Free Share reward:
– American Express (US:AXP)
– Activision Blizzard Inc. (US:ATVI)
– Sony Corp. (US:SNE)
- Selection request must be made through the SoFi Hong Kong mobile application before the end of this promotion. Once the request has been placed, the selection will be considered final and cannot be amended or cancelled by you.
- This promotion start date is 17 October 2020.
- This promotion will end on 31 October 2020.
- SoFi HK will deposit the Free Share to your SoFi HK account within 30 days after your account has been opened. your account must be active at that time.
- You are responsible for and are required to pay all fees, charges and taxes associated with the Free Share. SoFi HK shall be deemed to have discharged its obligations once the Free Share has been deposited into your SoFi HK account.
- This Promotion and Free Share is subjected to availability. SoFi HK reserves the right to replace the Free Share with alternative items without prior notice and at SoFi HK’s sole discretion.
- This promotion is not applicable to:
– An existing client of SoFi HK; or
– A prior client of SoFi HK; or
- This Promotion may not be transferred or sold.
- This Promotion may not be used with other promotional events.
- All Free Share are non-exchangeable for cash and / or other gifts.
- SoFi HK reserves the right to terminate this Promotion at any time. Notice of termination may or may not be posted (but SoFi HK is not obliged to do so) to SoFi HK’s website or via other means. After the termination, no one can participate in this Promotion and no one holds the right to claim any Free Share from this Promotion from SoFi HK.
- SoFi HK reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of this Promotion or to withdraw this Promotion at any time. SoFi HK’s decision is final in all matters relating to this Promotion.
- All account opening process is subject to SFC regulations and other laws and regulations. You must fulfill all requirements as imposed by SoFi HK in order to complete the account opening process.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to this promotion, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- These terms and conditions are prepared in both English and Chinese versions, in the event of discrepancy between the versions, the English version shall prevail.
Let’s get started.
Invest with Hong Kong’s free trading app.
Download the SoFi Hong Kong app to trade over 15,000 US and Hong Kong stocks for free.
It’s quick and easy to open an account.
Submitting your application takes just minutes.
Submit your application in under 10 minutes
Get the following documents ready before you start the account opening process:
- Identity Card / Passport
- Proof of residential address
- Proof of bank account
Sign with e-signature
Once you have completed the application, simply sign the screen with your finger. E-signature applications require a HK$10,000 initial deposit.
Get a FREE share
You will receive a FREE American Express (US:AXP) , Activision Blizzard (US:ATVI) or Sony (US:SNE) stock!
You can open an account with SoFi Hong Kong from your smartphone. Download one of our apps from the App Store or Google Play. You will see the “Sign up” option on the app start screen. The mobile application takes 5-10 minutes to complete. We require a copy of your passport or Hong Kong permanent ID, proof of residential address within the last 3 months (utility bill, mobile phone statement, bank statement) and proof of bank account in your name maintained with a licensed bank in Hong Kong (bank statement, ATM card, bank book). You can take a photo and upload the documents directly from the app’s sign up process.
100% Free. It is fully transparent and you pay nothing to open your account at SoFi Hong Kong.
SoFi Securities (Hong Kong) Limited is a licensed corporation in Hong Kong and regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong. Your cash is held in segregated custodial corporate accounts with HSBC and Bank of China and your US and Hong Kong stocks are held in custody with the Depository Trust & Clearing Company (DTCC) and the Hong Kong Securities Clearing Company Limited (“HKSCC”) respectively. We use bank level security and data encryption to protect you. We regularly perform third party penetration testing to ensure our apps and your information is secured with the most advanced security software and practices.
As per the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong’s requirements, you are required to transfer an initial deposit of a minimum of HK$10,000 from your registered Hong Kong licensed bank account(s) to us for the purpose of identity verification.
Furthermore, you do not have to hold a minimum balance to be a customer.
After receiving the email from us that says ‘Your SoFi Hong Kong account has been opened’, you’ll be able to log in and use our SoFi Hong Kong app by 8pm that day and start funding your account.
Your initial deposit will also be in your account by 8pm on the same day.
Our cost to execute a trade is virtually zero and we want to pass that benefit to you. We will launch a margin lending service for active traders in the near future. We also earn from interest and handling charges. It’s that simple. We are a diversified business with brokerage. As such, we have diverse revenue streams which allow us to offer $0 commission trading in Hong Kong.